|Holy item count||1|
- Belial: "Fiery volcano, warm weather, stinky air, everything a half-demon want."
- Belial: "Huh, hot!"
- —Belial once he enters the Cataclysm.
Cataclysm is the first level of Painkiller Overdose chapter 1.
This level is set in ancient city, probably Greek or Roman, that has been destroyed by volcano eruption. Most of the buildings, houses and temples, are burning or are swallowed by lava. There are also cracks in the ground exposing the flowing lava. This place might be the supposed place of Belial's imprisonment.
This level is inhabited mostly by fire or lava monsters. They include:
Tarot card Edit
Tarot card of this level is Speed. To acquire it, player has to destroy all objects.
Secret areas/pickups Edit
Six armors can be found in this level:
- The first one (bronze) is located in the middle of the dead-end room with crack in the ground in the lowered section.
- The second one (silver) is located outisde next to the the right side of the first roman temple in front of the plaza with a crack in the ground (it is connected with secret #1).
- The third one (bronze) is located inside the first roman temple with greenish mist at the celling.
- The fourth one (bronze) is located inside small passage after the small colloseum.
- The fifth one (gold) is located on the stairs in the dead end corridor with lava flowing through the window.
This level also introduces two additional weapons:
- Razor Cube which can be found in the first corridor that connects first area with second area.
- Bonegun which can be found in the corridor that leads to the building with damaged celling and some derbis inside it.
Secrets and holy items Edit
- The first secret is located outside next to the right side of the first roman temple in front of the plaze with a crack in the ground. It is reached by simply going there to collect the items.
- The second secret is located in the dead end corridor with the lava flowing through the window, to the left of that lava. It is reached by jumping onto that lava to collect the cup, but do this quickly as the lava will hurt you.
- This level is most likely inspired by the ancient roman city Pompeii, which was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.