Evil Monks are semi-dangerous enemies that appear in several chapters. Fortunately they don't have any added benefits to their attacks. There are three varieties of them:
|Standard Evil Monk|
Standard Evil Monk in Atrium Complex.
|Featured in:||Atrium Complex, The Cathedrale, Forbidden Valley, Spikes, Underground Complex, Angkor|
This variant is the least threatening. They appear in the Atrium Complex. They wear gray, ragged clothes, carry axes and have hoods on their heads completely obscuring their faces. They love to rush at the player with their axes to slice Daniel. When they have little health, they will throw axe at Daniel and die at the same time. They appear in The Cathedrale and Forbidden Valley in Painkiller: Resurrection, Spikes in Painkiller: Redemption and in Angkor in Painkiller: Reccuring Evil.
This version appears in the Cathedral. They wear green, ragged and bloodied clothes instead of gray, and carry two small axes instead on one big axe. Their skin is also green. This version is more dangerous because they everytime will throw one axe at the player without dying. They appear in The Cathedrale in Painkiller: Resurrection, in Spikes in Painkiller: Redemption and in Angkor in Painkiller: Reccuring Evil.
This version appears in the Old Monastery. They wear gold-black, regal looking clothes and are armed with a torch. This version is dangerous because they can attack the player from distance with sticky, explosive bombs that can do a lot of damage. In the melee, they attack by setting fire to the player using a torch or by creating a flamethrower with their torches, so be sure to keep them at bay. They also appear in The Cathedrale in Painkiller: Resurrection Spikes and Old Underground in Painkiller: Redemption.
- They may be based off of leaders of satanic cults, especially the Supreme versions.
- They are also encountered in Hell, but are almost invisible and have no added bonuses to their attacks.
- The Standard and Enhanced version have an alternate variation in which they will automatically throw their axes on spawn, after that they will suicide.
- Despite the fact that the Enhanced version has two axes, after throwing one it will still suicide.
- It is the first enemy alongside Barrel Vampire, Hell Biker, Loki, Spider, Ghost, Amputee, Electro Freak, Ice Samurai, Leper Monk, Barrel Beast, Bag Baby, Preacher, Panzer Spider, Panzer Demon, Winged Demon, Deto and Exploding Hen to be known to commit suicide.