|Holy item count||0|
- Belial: "(Speaks something in Japanese). Okay, I can't say a single word in Japanese."
- Belial: "(Speaks something in Japanese). Hmmm, my Japanese might be a bit rusty."
- —Belial when he enters the Japanese Massacre.
Japanese Massacre is the second level of Painkiller Overdose chapter 1.
This level is set in small japanese town bathed in the rain and surrounded by water which is deadly and causes instant death. There are various streets, houses and zen gardens with gongs, lanterns and bonsai trees. Inside the buildings there are japanese themed artworks and pictures. There are a lot of blood stains everywhere and some of the streets are blocked by collapsed buildings and fire. On the water, outside the town is a tall pagoda which is accessible only by wooden bridges.
This level is inhabited mostly by japanese warriors such as samurais or ninjas. This level also introduces two new kinds of enemies. They include:
Tarot card Edit
Tarot card of this level is Endurance. To acquire it, player has to find at least 400 gold.
Secret areas/pickups Edit
Two armors can be found in this level:
- The first one (silver) is located in front of the closed gate on the street with entrance to zen gardens.
- The second one (silver) is located on the second floor inside the tallest pagoda.
This level also introduces Crossbow which can be found on the first wooden bridge that leads into Japanese town.
Secrets and holy items Edit
This level does not contain secrets.