|Holy item count||4|
Leningrad is the sixth level of Painkiller Battle Out Of Hell.
As the name implies this level is set in Leningrad and is during World War II. The city is almost completly destroyed as there are a lot of rubble everywhere and most of the buildings are destroyed or set on fire. Just like in the real world it serves as eternal battlefield between trapped souls of Soviets and Nazis from WW2.
This level is inhabited mostly by undead Soviet and Nazi soldiers who fight endlessly with each other. They include:
In addition to all of this, unseeable bomber planes will rain down bombs from the sky. A sound effect is played before they are dropped.
Tarot card Edit
Tarot card of this level is Fear. To acquire it, player has to finish the level with over 200 health.
Secret areas/pickups Edit
Five armors can be found in this level:
- The first one (bronze) is located in front of the rubble on the first street.
- The second one (silver) is located between to piles of rubble on the street with entrance to the interior square of the tenements.
- The third one (gold) is located in the closed basement.
- The fourth one (silver) is located on the long street next the collapsing building.
- The fifth one (gold) is located behind ruined wall after the T crossroads not far from the plaza with statue.
Secrets and holy items Edit
- The first secret is located on inside destroyed room in the building on the street with entrance to the interior square of the tenements. It is reached by going onto the pile of rubble and then through the destroyed window to the secret.
- The second secret is located inside destroyed room in the building outisde the interior square after exiting the basements. It is reached by climbing onto pile of rubble to the left and then onto the plank and through the window to the room.
- The third secret is located inside abandoned room on the ground floor on the street with a lot of rubble on it. It is reached by going into that room.
- The fourth secret is located in the locked interior square of the tenements on the street with a lot of rubble on it. It is reached by killing all monsters in the square with statue. Then go back to the locked entrance.
- The fifth secret is located behind the locked door in the ruined tenement in the sqare with statues the locked interior square of the tenements on the street with a lot of rubble on it. It is reached by killing all monsters in the square with statue and then going into that locked room.
- This level by far is the most controversial in Russian gaming community, as it tackles Red Army and nazism. Due that Painkiller series come from Poland, it is possible that authors wanted to give their love letter to Russians and Germans who decimated Poland in first years of WW2. Or it is possible that authors simply wanted to give a message that war is Hell.
- For bigger irony, battle music is actually Soviet anthem mixed with war cries.
- In Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, level is renamed to Stalingrad and has dragons and giant, animated statues of Stalin in background for unknown reasons.