Example of 4 variations of Leper Zombies.
Leper zombies are rather weak enemies that appear in Town, Castle, Dead Marsh, Forbidden Valley, Gloomy Mountains, Unfortunate Abbey and Graveyard. They slowly shamble towards the player and will throw any tool they hold at the player. Subsequently, they rip out their own flesh and throw it at their target; it will cause less damage than the tool they initially hold, in fact flesh can be thrown endlessly. Also, if the player gets too close, they will try to punch him/her.
Like for many other monsters, the Stake Gun is most of the times a good choice against Leper zombies: a single stake is enough to kill them.
They can be hard to spot sometimes, as they like to hide on ledges and roofs of Town's or Castle's walls.
- They may be based off of human's fear of undead.
- They may also be based off fear of the supernatural things and the various diseases, namely plague and leprosy which can be seen in the Town level by the white Xs on doors, which was used to mark people who had the plague during the Dark Age.
- Their flesh never runs out.
- The tools that they hold are hatchets, torches, sickles, knives and hammers.
- In all the games of the series Leper Zombies have their variations mixed; for example, they may have shattered legs, whole hands and a hole in the head.
- The rarest variation is a leper with intact hands, feet and also the head.